In today’s blog we will be looking at two areas in life that can affect our well being…..
At www.thebodycamp.com in Ibiza, we encourage guests to do an Ecology and Environmental check before they leave us after spending 7 days at our luxury fitness retreat in the hills.
Here I will explain what they both mean and how they affect us all – if we choose to let them.
- Ecology check
In our world, we have to understand that we are surrounded by various barriers to our health goals. These barriers can be self created or come from friends, work colleges and even family.
Checking your Ecology is important, in terms of considering how things outside your life can affect you.
- Who do you spend time with?
- Are these people influencing your daily food or alcohol choices?
- Do other people’s opinions (friends/family/work) matter to you?
- Who is influencing you in your life – are friends and family doing this in a positive way?
- Who is supporting you in your health goals every day?
- Do you have a personal trainer supporting you?
- Do you have a life coach supporting you?
- What books are you reading to improve your daily habits and behaviours?
- Enviromental check
Where we live and its location in the world has a massive impact on our lives. Take someone living in London compared to someone living in L.A. – the options in L.A. are very different! The weather is very good in L.A. for sunny outdoor exercise, with a great choice of healthy places to eat and a culture based on the body beautiful. Living in London – think pubs, restaurants and cloudy weather – all these combined could keep an unmotivated person from reaching their goals, due to their surroundings or the cold sometimes experienced there.
It’s critical to think about your future lifestyle as much as possible and the Environment you are in, when settling into an area and going for a job.
- What will your environment lead to – healthy choices or comfort food choices?
- Are there fresh fruit and veg shops nearby?
- Will your lifestyle environment be driven by socialising with friends at pubs or local restaurants in the area?
- Will your lifestyle be based around food and alcohol?
- What’s the weather like in your environment?
- How far is the nearest park or gym for exercise?
- How far are your supporting friends or family living from you?
On saying all the above, most cities now have plenty of gyms, healthy choices of food and parks to exercise in – therefore you need to look at the pros and cons of your future environment for a healthy lifestyle and ensure your decisions are driven from an Environmental factor, whilst ensuring your Ecology is good too.
If you want to book your place on our Body Camp fitness retreat, please go to https://thebodycamp.com/bookings