When we need something sustaining and warming for breakfast, this is what we make. It’s always a hit with our guests – and now you can make it, too.
This along with loads of other delicious recipes can be found in The Food Bible, which is available to buy here.
- 300g Gluten free jumbo oats 800ml Unsweetened almond
- milk (or any other plant based milk) plus a bit more for later
- 2 Pears cut in half length ways and seeds removed
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla powder or essence
- 1 Tablespoon of almond butter per portion
Step 1: Add your milk of choice to the oats and soak overnight for best results.
Step 2: Place the oat mix into a saucepan with the rest of the ingredients and cook over a low heat for at least 20 minutes. Half an hour would be perfect. If it looks and feels too dry add a splash of milk to get the consistency you want. You will most likely need to do this.
Step 3: Whilst the oats are cooking cut your pears in half and dust with cinnamon. Then bake them at 180 ̊C for 15 minutes or until soft.
Step 4: Pour your porridge into bowls and garnish with the baked pear, almond butter and crumble and enjoy.
- 1 Cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 Cup flaked almonds
- 1⁄4 Cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon vanilla powder or essence
- 1⁄4 Cup melted coconut oil
Step 1: Place all the ingredients into a baking tray and rub together with your hands until everything is evenly mixed and coated.
Step 2: Place in the oven at 180 ̊C and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and sprinkle on top of your porridge.
TIP: You can cook a big batch of oats and keep them in the fridge for the next few days and add what you like to them.